Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Sizzix Inksheet Resist - Mixed Media Monthly

Welcome to your mid-month reminder for our March Photo Inspiration Challenge over at Mixed Media Monthly! You have until the end of the month to link up your projects inspired by our challenge photo:



You can see my first project, an Easter decoration, on this blog post. This time I've created a spring themed birthday card:


I've been playing around with Sizzix's new product, Inksheets, and I've discovered that you can use stencils as well as dies to make impressions with them! For this card, I've used a metal Dreamweaver's stencil.



The Inksheets Starter Kit comes with an adapter pad that you use in your Big Shot when using the Inksheets with thin dies. I found that I didn't need it for the stencils because they are thinner than the dies.

Use the following sandwich: base plate, regular cutting pad (instead of adapter pad), substrate (I used Distress Watercolor Cardstock), Inksheet matte side down, stencil, and second cutting pad (not shown).



Run it through the Big Shot, open up the sandwhich, peel off the Inksheet and see the magic:


The Inksheet transfer acts as a resist. I used Distress Spray Stains to mist the background and it wipes right off the transfer area. I also tried this technique with a plastic stencil and it works great too!


Check out this post for another project I just completed for more Inksheet info. I used dies and embossing folders as well on that one.

The butterfly on this card is diecut out of Yupo paper and colored with alcohol inks. Check out this video by Tim Holtz to find out about this wonderful paper! I'm looking forward to experimenting more with it.

Thanks for stopping by! The supplies I used for this project can be found at Sizzix or Simon Says Stamp. Follow the links below and a shopping you may go. ;-)



3 comments:

  1. The birthday card is gorgeous Lisa, thanks for sharing the how to with the stencils! I watched Tim Holtz use the Yupo, at Stitches, with alcohol ink and the result is beautiful - I have tried it since and love it! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tutorial Lisa- I get confused with which plates to use- great info-Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun new product! thanks for sharing ways to use it! Loe the look of those trees!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate it!